April 9, 2009
Blogging, Microblogging, Technology, Twitter
Catch my tweets on the sidebar here, so ultimately I am also on twitter.com. A wikipedia article on microblogging says
the most notable service is Twitter, which was launched in July 2006 and won the Web Award in the blog category at the 2007 South by Southwest Conference in Austin, Texas….
I had been using a similar feature in Facebook(Your status feature) but twitter is simply gr8. So from now whatever below 140 chars will be on http://twitter.com/dmanji (anyways they are on the sidebar here) rest larger posts on this blog :D…
so keep checking the tweets ….
Trivia- Below are some interesting news articles involving twitter, just for time-pass 😉 :
1. Demi’s Twitter post saved woman’s life
2. More celebs embrace Twitter
3. Twitter arises from Mumbai ashes
April 2, 2009
This activity started after I myself started my blog…. its similar to browsing Internet where you keep jumping from one page to another by clicking links. I used do it mostly while googling something. It worked like this once the list of searches come I click on link and go the site and then click some link there and continue the process till I end up in a page totally dealing with something else. Nowadays I am seeing that google search return a lot of posts from blogs and after reading the blog some links catch my eye and it takes me to some blog which leads me to somewhere else and finally I am ending up somewhere i had never imagined. Like it happened today I was searching for ‘Hubli to Karwar taxi fare’ and reached a post talking something about it and then after reading some posts I kept jumping from one blog to some other blog and finally ended up in a blog called ’20in2009′. Its a interesting Challenge/contest where the participant has to complete reading 20 books in 2009. I got inspired and took up the challenge. Classic case of “Jana tha Japan pounch gaye Chin” samajh gaye naa 🙂 🙂 🙂
Revelations from blog browsing :
- A good past time activity if not a full fleged hobby
- Thousands of great writers writing on everything under the sun and doing a great job.
- I need to buckle up 😀 need improve my writing skills.
- Good opportunity to learn a lot, like in one of my blog browsing soujourns i ended up getting valuable advice on Financial planning 🙂
- Lots of free gyan… almost free i mean if you are using somebody else’s internet connection 😉
so if you have time keep ‘blog browsing’ … ghumte raho… aish karo…