Thanks to Roshmi for my very first Tag which is “Came across an interesting 15 Books Tag!” and the rules are as
“Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag up to 15 friends, including me because I’m interested in seeing what books my friends choose”
These are not in any order nor I am rating them they were best rated for me so they got to the list 😉
1. Karmabhoomi(Hindi) – Munshi Premchand (Read it as part of my academics but still remember it )
2. Malgudi Days – R. K. Narayan (This one needs no introduction I guess)
3. The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseni
4. Namesake – Jhumpa Lahiri
5. Interpreter of Maladies – Jhumpa Lahiri (she’s my favorite author nowadays)
6. Ferighat (Bengali) – Shirsendu Mukherjee
7. Swami Vivekanada – His life and Message – Swami Lokeshwaranada
8. Bishakha(Bengali) – Sunil Gangopadhyay ( Actually there are much better works of the author but I am remembering this right now)
9. Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl – Anne Frank – ( A moving tale of a young girl’s plight during the WW-II)
10. A Brief History of Time – Stephen Hawking – (A brilliant description about the origins and nature of universe explained in a way anybody can understand)
11. The Secret – Rhonda Byne
12. The Stories of Anton Chekhov – Anton Chekov(more in mind because some of them were televised in Doordharsan in the serial “Chekov Ki Duniya”)
And the Childhood classics :
13. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer – Mark Twain
14. David Copperfield – Charles Dickens
15. Oliver Twist – Charles Dickens
Phew that was difficult as I am not a avid reader so 15 was a big number and like Roshmi I too belong the same city(I mean the power cuts etc to bug the 15 mins. time stipulation) so I had used a pen and paper to write the 15 books(Yes I still use pen and paper at times what to do computers came much later in my life).
Now Roshmi had another Tag in her post and she tagged me at the end of the post so I guess she meant the 2nd one also to be done so I am doing it as well(Sound like 1 free with another one)
The tag is “5 things I love about myself.”
Hmmm. 5 things too less actually I love everything about myself(arrogance) anyway the latest ones are :
1. I am nowadays loving ahem my growing “Pot belly”.
2. I love food anything palatable and I am party to it.(which explains Point 1#)
3. I am loving this blog ofcourse because of you and your appreciation/participation.
4. I love my style sense that is I know what looks good on me before even I buy any clothes and finish my shopping in a blink of the eye. (Though my mom thinks me to be a worst dressed person in the world but thats a different story).
5. I love my smile (though many says its the dumbest one but still….)
So finally could “do it”. Now my turn to Tag, Ok whoever I possibly could Tag have been Tagged or must have done it earlier so any of you who has not done this one is welcome to do it and please do tag me as well as I would like to know 😀
Oh yes I need to Tag Roshmi back !!! How Do I forget that 😛